DIY EASTER PARTY TABLE AND FLORAL WALL
March 30, 2015
I’m sharing my Easter party spread with Target Home as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #TargetCrowd. When I moved into my loft in downtown, I was ecstatic that I finally had a space that I could host parties and gatherings with friends. This year, I wanted to throw a party to celebrate Easter. I love that Target carries so many great options that are beautifully designed with fun patterns and colors. I was able to find exactly the pieces that I was looking for to arrange my party table. Everything was so stylish and affordable!! In addition to all the decor, I also found the craft supplies I needed to create a playful floral wall to give a fun pop to my party! I’m sharing a few party decorating tips and the DIY steps for the tissue paper floral wall after the break…
1. Draw flower petals (similar to the shape as photo’ed) at 3 lengths (10″, 7″, 5″). Use this at a template.
2. Trace around each template on the tissue paper. Cut out six 10″ petal, six 7″ petals and five 5″ petals.
3. Arrange the 5″ petals in a circle.
4. Gather the middle area together and tape in place.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the 7″ petals and the 10″ petals. This will create a small, medium and large petal bunch.
6. Cut out a 2 1/2″ circle in a contrasting color tissue paper. Scrunch the sides of the circle. Then, roll a small amount of Easter grass into a roll.
7. Using the glue gun, glue the Easter grass ball onto the middle of the circle. Then, glue the circle onto the middle of the small flower.
8. Glue the small petal bunch onto the medium petal bunch. Then, glue the medium petal bunch onto the larger petal bunch.
9. Repeat steps 2 – 8 to make different colored flowers. Cut the flower paper garland in several pieces. Arrange the flowers and cut paper garland onto the wall, using removable mounting square, above your party table.
Tips for Creating an Easter Party Spread:
– I love to choose a color palette before prepping a party spread. For Easter, I chose vivid brights and pastels, with touches of white and gold. I used Targets amazing dishware to create this. (Libbey Plates, Libbey Tumblers, Threshold™ Figural Flower Appetizer Plates, Threshold™ Figural Candy Dish, Threshold™ Metal Hammered Serving Tray)
– I added a few touches of Easter elements. I love that Target provides options that are playful, colorful and stylish. (Threshold™ Figural Bunny Candy Dish and Decorative Eggs)
– I also had a blast using the food as decor. One thing I enjoy doing, is placing marshmallows, like these, and adding them to lollipop sticks. I also baked cupcakes and added carrot candy on top for an additional Easter feel.
– Play with height and different sizes of dishware. You can create height by stacking pieces together, such as a cake stand on top of a ramekin dish.
I had such a blast creating the post! I hope you all enjoy!! Stay tuned for more entertaining posts with Target Home and Social Stars #TargetCrowd!!