DIY RHINESTONE SWEATER
November 5, 2014
It seemed like summer was never going to end in LA. Even though I love the warm sun shining on me, I was beginning to long for cooler weather and fall dressing. Finally, last week it became chillier and I was so excited to bring out my coats and sweaters. Now that I am planning out my fall wardrobe, I decided to DIY a sweater to add a fun, personal touch. After seeing rhinestone sweaters in all my favorite boutiques, I decided to create and share an easy to follow tutorial on how to make one at home. I have partnered with PayPal to show you how easy it is to purchase supplies on the go. I went to the fashion district in downtown LA and purchased all the supplies with my PayPal mobile app. It was so easy, and I was literally in and out of the store and was able to pay in minutes using PayPal. Then, picked up a beautiful emerald sweater, my favorite jewel tone color for fall at a store down the street. The whole process of opening my app and searching for the merchant to pay took just a few minutes, while the actual time it took me to #paypalit was less than 1 minute. Afterwards, I began to DIY at home. Read more about the full tutorial after the break…
The process of using the PayPal mobile app to checkout took less than 1 minute, whereas creating my DIY, along with looking for online design inspiration took about 45 minutes.
– e6000 adhesive
– rhinestones (try a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors)
– paper plate
1. Lay out your rhinestone design on your sweater. I decided on a design around the neck, but I also love a all-over design. Try looking for inspiration online.
2. Add a small amount of e6000 adhesive to the paper plate. Then, using a chopstick, add a dab of adhesive to the backside the rhinestone and glue onto the sweater.
3. Repeat step 2 for each rhinestone.
4. Let fully dry before wearing.
This post is brought to you as part of my collaboration with PayPal. All ideas and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help make my blog possible!