BEAUTY MY EVERYDAY CLEAN(ER) BEAUTY ROUTINE
March 29, 2017
I have sensitive, dry skin that gets irritated easily and is sometimes prone to breakouts (mostly when I am stressed or is that time of the month). Lucky me! Years of trial and error have brought me to the discovery that my skin loves clean makeup, that is either all natural or made without harsh chemicals. I follow these steps almost everyday, and this is not a sponsored post. Although, I lean more toward natural products, I do indulge and test a few non-clean products here and there if I’ve heard great things about them. And if my finicky skin absolutely loves that product, then it may make it to my everyday routine. Here are the the steps I follow almost daily:
- On a clean, moisturized face, I first add RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up in 44 all over my face with my fingers. I went to an event where I had the pleasure of having my makeup done by Rose Marie Swift, the founder of RMS Beauty. Ever since she told me it was perfect for my skin and to apply it with my fingers, I have been following her advice. I will listen to anything she says. Lol! Then, I layer a little more over any dark circles or discoloration on my face.
- After, I will contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose using a little 100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer in Cocoa Glow with my Artis Brush (Oval 6). I have always felt like I was terrible at doing my makeup, until I discovered Artis brushes. Using them, my makeup goes on so smoothly and they don’t waste any product. My makeup goes a lot further with them.
- Then, I will highlight down the center of my nose, middle of my chin and below my brows using the 100% Pure Gemmed Luminizer in Rose Gold.
- After that, I will use either Alima Pure Pressed Foundation (which contains rosehip oil and aloe leaf extract that have healing, soothing properties) or Emani HD Setting Powder all over my face using my Artis Brush (Oval 7). I love Alima products because they offer refills, which allows you to reuse the plastic compact. So great for the environment and allows you to save some money! Both powders are lightweight and do not break me out. The Artis brush applies the powder to my face so much more smoothly than the millions of brushes I have in my makeup drawer.
- Next, I will do my brows. If I want darker brows, I will apply Ecobrow Defining Wax onto my brows with an angled brush, and finish with Glossier Boy Brow in Black. Boy Brow is one of the few makeup products I use everyday, that is not considered clean beauty, but I love it so much that I can’t give it up! If I want a full, more natural brow, I will fill them in with RMS Beauty Swift Shadow in Tobacco Road, then finish with Glossier Boy Brow in Clear.
- Then, I will add Alima Pure Eyeshadow in Phantom using my Artis Brush (Oval 3) or line my eye using Alima Pure Eye Pencil in Coffee and smudge it with my finger. Then, I add RMS Master Mixer across my lid. After, I sometimes finish my eye off with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner (another non-clean makeup product I can’t live without). Lastly, I add Honest Beauty Truly Lush Mascara to my lashes. I love it because it comes with a lash primer and the combination of the two make my lashes look so much fuller and longer.
Sometimes I opt out of bronzer and highlighter when I want a much more natural look. I’ve been doing this routine for a while, and can now do it in like 15 minutes, which is perfect for me who likes to sleep in as long as possible before work! And as a side note, my go-to clean beauty destination is Credo, which just opened in LA. I can spend so much of my day there learning about new clean beauty lines and testing new products. I also love discovering new products on Goop… And Sephora has a great selection of natural beauty as well! Hope you enjoyed this post!!