I’m sharing my picnic entertaining ideas with Target Home as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #TargetCrowd. Last weekend, we had the most beautiful weather in Los Angeles, and I just could not allow myself to stay indoors. For me, the best way to take advantage of gorgeous weather is to gather friends and have a picnic in the park. I turned to Target to get everything I needed, from all their great houseware and decor options, to even the charcuterie and cheese selection. Picnic decorating and setup tips after the break…
Picnic Setup and Decorating:
- I first picked out a blanket for everyone to rest on. I chose this one because I love the subtle grey pattern and was a nice backdrop for the whole picnic. I, then, accented the blanket with pop colors by adding really fun pillows (like this and this).
- Target has the best selection of adorable picnic baskets. I chose this one, because it had the classic gingham pattern, had convenient compartments for cutlery, plates, etc.
- I found the cutest folding wooden tray that was not only great for this picnic, but will be my companion during futures trips to the beach. I was so excited about that find! It's perfect to use as a snack or drink station for your guests.
- I also picked a variety of dishes, bowls and serving platters to add a fun combination of patterns and colors for the picnic setup. I especially loved the wooden cheese boards that I will definitely be using home as well!
- I like to choose the food selection based on the guest. My girlfriends love wine and cheese, so I picked an assortment of food that paired well, like charcuterie, crackers, nuts, and fruit. What was nice, it that Target was a one stop shop. I was able to pick up all the food and decor in one trip.