- clear vinyl
- variety of rhinestone gems ( found ours in downtown LA)
- e6000 adhesive
- BBQ stick
- 2 clip on earring findings
- paper plate
1. Cut a piece of the clear vinyl larger than your ear. Then, have a friend place the cut vinyl over your ear and trace your ear's outline.
2. Decide what style and shape you would like. Try browsing inspiration online. Then, draw the shape of your inspiration around your ear outline.
3. Cut your shape out. This is the ear cuff backing.
4. Begin gluing your rhinestones on the ear cuff backing. I like to use a BBQ stick and dab a small amount of glue on each rhinestone gem, then place each on the ear cuff backing.
5. Once you are done gluing your rhinestone, let it dry for a couple of hours. Then, glue the 2 clip on earring findings to the back of your ear cuff (one at the bottom of your ear and one towards the top).
Note: After we made ours using these steps, we have a few tips. You can bypass step 3, and cut out your ear cuff after you glued your the rhinestones on the clear vinyl. Make sure it dried thoroughly before cutting. This makes it very sturdy if you created a larger ear cuff.
Can't wait to share more photos of our fun day in the next post!!!