- Forever 21 boots (here or here)
- chrome spray paint
- printable sticker paper
- painter's blue tape or masking tape
Steps: 1. Draw a western pattern on your computer. I used Photoshop to make a pattern that resembled steps (about 5" long and 1 1/2" high). I then mirrored the pattern, so that I would have 2 copies on each end of the page (a couple inches from the top and bottom edge of the paper). Print onto sticker paper and cut out. If you do not have Photoshop, you can definitely use a pencil and ruler, and simply draw the same pattern twice.
2. Once cut out, stick onto the front are of the boot, leaving the steel toe section about 1 1/2" to 2. Make sure the sticker is firmly stuck to the boot. Do the same for the other boot.
3. Use the masking tape or painter's blue tape to cover the sole, to prevent this area from been spraypainted later. Then, cover the rest of the boot with newspaper and tape it down. Leave the steel toe section free to be spraypainted.
4. Place the boots on newspaper in a well ventilated area. Spraypaint the steel toe tip in even steady coats, until it is fully and evenly painted. Let fully dry for a couple of hours.
5. Once dry, pull off the tape and sticker paper.