- DIY clear clutch
- variety of loose rhinestones/rhinestones from a jewelry
- e6000 adhesive
- bbq stick or wooden chopstick
- wire cutter
- 2 button studs
- box cutter
- sewing machine
- sewing thread
1. Cut and sew up the clear clutch from our tutorial (here).
2. Lay out the ruler below the flap, which will help you mirror your design in a even and symmetrical manner. Lay out your preferred design on the flap, using a variety or rhinestones. I even cut up a necklace that I bought in the sale section. I simply used wire cutters, and cut the loops off of them.
Add a dab of e6000 adhesive to a piece of paper, and one by one, add a small amount of e6000 to the backside of each rhinestone with a bbq stick or wooden chopstick. Then, glue down the rhinestones onto your clutch. Let dry for at least several hours.
3. Now it's time to add the button studs. I drew a very small "X" as a guide, 2 1/2" from the bottom edge of the clutch and 3/4" from the side. Note: draw this on the upper layer of the sewn part of the clutch (not the flap). Do the the same for the left and right side. Cut a very small slit using a box cutter and screw in the button studs.
4. Lay the flap down onto the button studs. Make sure everything lines up properly. Cut a small slit right above each button stud on the flap. This will allow you to open and close the clutch.