I have been obsessed with stripes lately, mainly blues or reds against white. Such a classic combination! When I found this anchor at my local jewelry supply store, I knew that I wanted to create a DIY inspired by it and by my love for classic stripes. I mixed a nautical inspired fishtail braid with the anchor for this bracelet DIY. Hope you enjoy! Full tutorial after the break...
- hemp cord in 2 colors (here)
- metal anchor (here)
- 2 metal cord tips (here)
- 1 lobster claw (here)
- masking tape
1. Cut 2 lengths of the white cording (18" each) and 2 of the blue cording (18" each). Lay each strip next to each other, fold in half, and loop through the anchor.
2. Take the ends of the strips and pass them through the loop.
3. Pull tightly.
4. Tape the anchor to the table. Separate the cords by color (2 cords each), as shown in photo.
5. Place the 2 white cords on the right with the 2 white cords/2 blue cords on the left.
6. Place the other 2 white cords from the left side to the right side.
7. Repeat with the blue cords. Take the 2 blue cords on the right side and bring to the left side.
8. Take the 2 blue cords on the left side and bring to the right side.
9. Continue the fishtail braid until it is about 1/2 as long as your wrist circumference.
10. Clamp the metal cord at the end of the braid, using your pliers.
11. Repeat steps 1-3, for the other end of the anchor.
12. Repeat steps 4-10 for the other braided end. Add 1 jump ring to one of the cord tips. Then, add a jump ring and lobster claw to the other cord tip.