When the lovely folks at Grazia Magazine approached me to put together a DIY tutorial inspired by Fall 2012 runways, I immediately knew I wanted choose the 'baroque embellished' trend I was noticing in so many collections. This embellished clutch by Dolce & Gabanna was so breathtaking, I had to recreate my own version. The first step was to find the perfect gold minaudière clutch to be the base. So thankful that I found this beautiful clutch by JustFab. How gorgeous is the handle? Full tutorial after the break...
- JustFab gold minaudiere clutch
- e6000 adhesive (here)
- black and gold lace trim (here and here)
- embellishment (variety of flat back pearls and rhinestones/crystals)
1. Cut the lace trim to the height of your clutch. I cut 4 pieces, but this will vary depending on your choice of clutch and the width of lace trim. Glue the cut lace onto the clutch. Start with outer edges.
2. Continue gluing the cut lace trim to fill in the middle section.
3. Glue the flat back pearls onto the clutch in three parallel horizontal rows.
4. Then, glue 6 more in between the rows (as pictured).
5. Get creative with gluing the rhinestones. I created square shapes around 2 of the pearls. I also glued smaller crystals around a few of the other flat back pearls.