I remember early last year… I walked into Opening Ceremony and MINX had a little setup in the front. I was instantly intrigued! Unfortunately, because I constantly work with my hands, my nails definitely take a beating… and I could not justify a $55+ manicure. Then, fast forward. I stumbled upon KONAD. You can get that unique, edgy look with a personal touch. The possibilities are quite limitless! Also, you can’t beat the price… spent about $12 for the KONAD scraper, double sided stamper, and image plate…
For this first DIY post… I kept it pretty simple… and will do more creative styles for the future. For anyone new to KONAD, like myself, I have a few tips:
1. When scraping the nail polish off the image plate, do not press too hard. Sweep gently across at an angle.
2. After scraping off the image plate, I usually scrape the excess nail polish from the scraper onto a paper towel. Just to keep it clean.
3. You can clean your image plate and scraper using nail polish remover + cotton swab/pad.
4. I didn’t use the KONAD special nail polish and it still worked perfectly… but would love to know who has tried both. Which works better?
5. I like the double sided stamper… because the larger side is great for stamping larger/more complex designs… and the smaller side makes it quick and easy to stamp smaller details.
Here are the materials I used:
KONAD Image Plate (here)
KONAD Scraper + Double Sided Stamper (here)
ORLY Liquid Vinyl Nail Polish (here)
ORLY LUXE Nail Polish (here)